AVID, Advancement Via Individual Determination, is a college readiness system for elementary through postsecondary that is designed to increase school-wide learning and performance. The AVID College Readiness System (ACRS) accelerates student learning, uses research based methods of effective instruction, provides meaningful and motivational professional learning, and acts as a catalyst for systemic reform and change. Visit more at www.avid.org.
The Mission of AVID
The mission of AVID is to ensure that ALL students, and most especially the least served students who are in the middle:
• will succeed in rigorous curriculum,
• will complete a rigorous college preparatory path,
• will enter mainstream activities of the school,
• will increase their enrollment in four-year colleges, and
• will become educated and responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society
AVID's systematic approach is designed to support students and educators as they increase school-wide/district-wide learning and performance.
AVID Student Profile
AVID is a college preparation system offering provisions to students who may need extra support to achieve their academic and college goals.
Students considered for AVID are:
• average or above average in academics
• underserved in the college system, and/or first-generation college students
• motivated and determined to participate in honrs classes in high school
What Can My Child Do During The Summer To Prepare for College?
Volunteer - Colleges look for evidence that students are "contributors" to society.
Summer Enrichment Programs - AVID offers both a math and science summer program.
If you want more information, please contact Casey Tody at 651-768-6584.
Read - Encourage your child to read throughout the summer