Health and Safety Adjustments Starting Jan. 18
Dear Lake Middle School Community,
Within the last seven days, 2% of the student population at Lake Middle School have tested positive for COVID-19. SoWashCo Schools will implement health and safety adjustments as shown in our criteria for COVID-19 decision-making.
Starting on Tuesday, Jan. 18, we will be taking additional steps until at least Feb. 1 to prevent the further spread of COVID-19 and flu-like symptoms including:
- Required face coverings for all students, staff and visitors
- Limiting group work and movement throughout classrooms and the school
- Providing as much social distancing as possible throughout the school
- Creating seating charts in classrooms
- Contact tracing as much as possible
- Performing targeted classroom cleaning
- Asking parents to pick up students who are experiencing two or more COVID-like symptoms
- Based on availability, sick students being picked up from school may be offered a rapid COVID-19 test with parental consent
Our increased health and safety measures will help reduce the spread with the goal of keeping students in-person for school as much as possible. We also need your help. Please continue to follow public health guidance and keep students home who are sick.
Thank you for your assistance.