Our goal is to provide safe, reliable and efficient transportation to students who live in our school district.
Approximately 18,400 students (including nonpublic students) who reside within SoWashCo Schools boundaries will attend school this year. Roughly 14,000 will ride a school bus to and from school everyday. We work to ensure that students arrive at school ready to learn!
Bussing information is posted to Parent and Student Portal.
To Register or change bussing use the Transportation Registration Opt-in form below.
Transportation eligibility can be reviewed below under Transportation Guidelines-Transportation Eligibility.
Students may only ride their assigned bus to and from school.
No Current Delays
No Current Cancellations
Transportation registration -Opt-In
SoWashCo Schools has moved to an opt-in transportation system for General Education bussing starting in School Year 2023-2024 to help ensure the most efficient routing for students eligible to ride a school bus.
Every family must complete the registration, opt-in form
This form will be available throughout the school year for updates and changes to your students transportation needs/status. Submissions will be processed in the order received. Due to the large number of form entries in late Aug, submissions received after Aug 21st may not be processed by the first day of school.
The opt-in system will help the district address the ongoing bus driver shortage and help continue to create more efficient and sustainable bus routes. Bussing will be provided based on opt in responses and bussing eligibility. Submissions will be processed in the order received.
- Click the red box below to complete the transportation opt-in form.
- Once you have completed the form please make sure to click Submit.
- Please complete one form for each student separately
- Submissions are processed in the order received.
- Processing delays may occur due to volume of submissions and incorrect information
Questions About Transportation Opt-in?
Translation Services Available
Español: Si necesita un intérprete, llámenos. 651-425-6328
中文 (简体): 如果你需要翻译，请打电话给我们。651-425-6328
Hmoob: Yog koj tsis totaub qhov tsab ntawv, thov hu rau 651-425-6328 vim muaj yam tseem ceem. Ua koj tsaug.
Tiếng Việt: Nếu bạn không hiểu các thông tin, xin vui lòng gọi cho chúng tôi 651-425-6328.
Soomaaliga: Haddii aad u baahan tahay turjumaan, fadlan wac 651-425-6328.
- If my child(ren) is/are in a non-bussing zone (within walking distance) can I opt-in for transportation services?
- If my child(ren) only needs bus transportation occasionally should I opt-in for transportation services?
- If our family determines we need transportation services after opting out can we change our response?
- What happens if I don't complete the opt-in form?
- Can I opt-in but still drop off/pick up my child each day?
- Does the opt-in form include busing for sports and activities (busing to and from competitions or events)?
- When will the opt-in selections take effect?
- Should I complete the form for my child that receives special education busing?
- My child attends a private or charter school but receives transportation services from SoWashCo Schools. Do I need to complete the form for my child?
- What if I don't know my child's student ID number?
- Do I need to log into Parent Portal to complete the opt-in form?
Please remind students to follow bus safety and behavior rules. Any misbehavior or inappropriate actions will be addressed by the bus driver and/or reported to the Department of Transportation for follow up. Consequences for misbehavior will be implemented and may include assigned seating, parent contact, principal contact, bus suspension, school detention and/or removal of all transportation privileges.
Are you looking for a rewarding job with competitive pay and benefits? If so, Transportation would love to have you on the SoWashCo Schools team! We are currently hiring bus drivers, we will fully train you to become a great bus driver. SoWashCo Schools is a great place to work with a strong sense of community, but the best part of the job is the students! Just ask those who work here.